Neurona Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company based in South San Francisco focused on the developmentof neuronal cell-based therapies for neurological disease. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who has a passion for scientific research. This is a fantastic opportunity for a junior scientist to join a team, work on transformative science, and take part in building an exciting, science-driven company and develop groundbreaking cell therapy products.
• Collaborate in a team to develop next-generation cell products for the clinical pipeline.
• Apply gene editing, viral gene delivery, and/or chemical screens to develop neuronal cell products with reduced immunogenicity, enhanced potency and/or accelerated maturation.
• Develop cell-based assays to test and validate hypotheses.
• Characterize cell products (immuno cyto-chemistry, Flow cytometry, RT-QPCR, RNA sequencing).
• Conduct fluorescence- or magnetic -activated cell sorting experiments.
• Maintain human pluripotent stem cells and differentiate into a variety of neuronal lineages utilizing scales from 384 well plates to regular and large-scale culture vessels.
• Identify lead methods and conduct validation and scale up experiments. Collaborate with Process and Preclinical departments to support disease modifying activity studies in animal models.
• Maintain detailed records, perform data analysis, and report results during team meetings
• PhD (+0-3 years of relevant experience) or Master’s degree (+ 6-8 years of relevant experience) in cell and molecular biology (or a related field).
• Hands on experience with human stem cell culture maintenance and in vitro differentiation.
• Expertise in at least one area of: neuroimmunology/neuro inflammation, neurodevelopmental biology, or CRISPR screens
• Proven scientific achievements by high publication records
• Able to take initiative to improve work processes, develop innovative scientific methodologies and approaches to enhance research productivity.
• High integrity, great organization and ability to multitask while working within fast-paced timelines
• Critical thinking, strong team player and problem-solver
• Excellent writing, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
• Willing to work a limited number of hours on some weekends.
• Knowledge in neuroscience and human developmental biology
• Experience in cell assay development, immunohistochemistry, and flow cytometry analysis
• Experience in high content microscopy/screening, CRISPR screens, calcium imaging or MEAs (multi-electrode arrays) is a plus.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in learning more about our science and our team? Please visit our website at www.neuronatherapeutics.com
Neurona is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment